Y’all know how much I’m loving being in the kitchen more nowadays, especially now that the holiday season is upon us! Whether I’m sharing recipes here on le blogaroo, or live in the moment on my Instagram Stories – I’m having a blast. So when I heard about a recipe for Melted Snowmen Oreo Balls – I just knew I had to try them out.
• 1 pkg. brick cream cheese, softened
• 36 Oreo Cookies (regular size), finely crushed
• 16 oz . white chocolate, melted (I used Merkens white chocolate wafers
• 48 Mini Oreo Bite Size Cookies
• icing or sprinkles to decorate the face
1. Crush the Oreo cookies use a food processor, or just putt them in Ziploc baggies and roll it out with a rolling pin. This is what I did because a) we don’t have a food processor, and b) it was a great arm work out.
2. Mix the softened cream cheese and Oreo cookie crumbs until well blended. Again, you can crush the Oreos in a food processor and then add the cream cheese and process it all together – but I did it all by hand and it was easy peasy.
3. Shape into approximately 48 (1-inch) balls and then place in single layer in shallow pan.
4. Freeze these bad boys for AT LEAST 20 minutes, if not longer. I placed toothpicks in the top before sticking these balls in the freezer. I did this for easy dipping/coating of the melted chocolate (next step), but you don’t have to. You can use a fork and just kinda swish it around in the melted chocolate.
5. I melted the chocolate wafers in the microwave. I placed them in a microwave-safe dish (obvs) and would put them in for 20-second intervals. After each 20-second interval, take the chocolate out and mix it up. This is crucial, because you don’t want any hot spots or burned chocolate! If, as you’re going through the coating step the chocolate starts to harden, don’t fret – you can just pop it back in the microwave for a couple of seconds.
6. After the balls have been in the freezer long enough, and your chocolate has melted – coat the balls in the melted chocolate. Dip balls in melted coating, then place in shallow waxed paper-lined pan, allowing excess coating to pool at bottom of each ball. Make sure you line the pan with wax paper because this is how the chocolate will pool at the bottom and help make your snowmen look like they’re melting!
7. Chill the balls in the fridge until the coating is set.
8. Paint some cute faces on with icing. Alternatively – you can use sprinkles. Use some of the melted chocolate to adhere the hat (mini Oreo) to the head.
9. Refrigerate for another hour, or until firm. Keep refrigerated otherwise the chocolate will start to melt and the balls will softened.
10. Enjoy your almost too cute to eat Melted Snowmen Oreo Truffle Balls!
Side note: Did you ever notice that a regular package of Oreos has 27 cookies in it? 27!! Not 25, not 30…27!! This is a trigger for my OCD and I’m not a fan. Get your ish together, Oreos!